This project will build a Lawn Wheelbarrow Planter fashioned from a 100-year-old design we found in a 1902 Sears and Roebuck catalogue. We are going to start this project with a list of materials and tools you'll need.
- (2) 8' 1" X 6" pieces of Cedar. You can use other woods but I prefer Western Red Cedar for planters.
- (1) 6' 2" X 2" piece of Cedar
- 1 1/4" Deck Screws
- 2" Deck Screws
- Stain with a sealer or Deck Stain
- Table Saw or Circular Saw
- Compound Miter Saw or Circular Saw
- Router with 1/2" Round Over Bit and Straight Plunge Bit
- Band Saw or Saber Saw
- Drill Press or Hand Drill with a Counter Sink Bit
Sharpen up those saw blades because next we'll start cutting wood.
Return to Projects